10.2.11

David Fincher sobre The Social Network

"I hate the awards part of the moviemaking process," he continued. "And besides, on Social Network, I didn't really agree with the critics' praise. It interested me that Social Network was about friendships that dissolved through this thing that promised friendships, but I didn't think we were ripping the lid off anything. The movie is true to a time and a kind of person, but I was never trying to turn a mirror on a generation. 
[...]
Let's hope we strove to get at something interesting, but Social Network is not earth-shattering. Zodiac was about murders that changed America. After the Zodiac killings in California, the Summer of Love was over. Suddenly, there was no more weed or pussy. People were hog-tied and died. No one died during the creation of Facebook. By my estimation, the person who made out the worst in the creation of Facebook still made more than 30 million dollars. And no one was killed." 
Revista W, Fevereiro 2011 

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue